Understanding your relationship to power and how you use it is essential to creating a just, equitable and sustainable world. Learn how to respond more effectively to power, interact more compassionately with others and use your power consciously to create meaningful and lasting change.
Join Inner Activist faculty Camille Dumond and past participant Gavin Somers for this special evening event in Vancouver.
- Learn more about the Inner Activist and our approach to leadership and personal development
- Explore the role of power in your life and in your work
- Get a taste of the kinds of tools and experiences we offer during our upcoming course, Conscious Use of Power (November 4 - 8, 2015), developed to support your ability to build impactful relationships and take your change work to new heights.
- Meet other changemakers from across the Lower Mainland.
- Hear stories from a past participant about their experience of the course and how it assisted them as a changemaker and leader.
Location: Little Mountain Neighbourhood House, 3981 Main Street (Main & 23rd), Vancouver, unceded territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tseil-Watuth First Nations
Tickets: $20 (sliding scale). Please fill out RSVP below and then purchase your ticket!
Camille Dumond - Camille is a member of the faculty team leading Conscious Use of Power 2015. She has worked at the crossroads of healing and social justice for over 15 years and is currently a therapist at the Vancouver Association for Survivors of Torture.
Gavin Somers - Gavin was a participant of the Inner Activist Conscious Use of Power 2014 course. They are a facilitator, youth programmer and multidisciplinary artist living on the unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh peoples. Gavin is a gender unpacking enthusiast and uses the personal pronouns they/them/theirs.
3981 Main St
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
Google map and directions