We invite everyone interested in attending courses at the Inner Activist to submit an application form. Each application is considered with confidentiality, care and respect by our selection panel. All information in this application is kept completely confidential and will never be shared outside this panel and process. The 3-person panel includes members of the Inner Activist Faculty, Staff and Steering Committee.
While we would like to invite everyone who applies to register for our courses, due to limited spots we unfortunately cannot accept everyone.
Please review the following selection criteria before you submit your application.
• Demonstration of interest in exploring the intersections of personal development work and social/environmental justice.
• The unique perspectives, skills and life experiences (such as engagement/work in community, experience of multiple barriers, being a member of underrepresented or marginalized group) you bring to the program that supports our commitment to increasing access to diverse communities.
• Willingness and capacity to contribute to creating brave spaces for learning.
We recognize that access to financial resources is one of many of the struggles change agents may face. We are committed to increasing access to our program by helping to access resources through your personal and professional networks as well as the networks at the Inner Activist.
We have a 3-tiered tuition model to meet people where they are at. Our model provides an opportunity for our community to share the responsibility of creating equitable access with us. For instance, those who can support themselves and also others, have the opportunity to do so by choosing our "supporter" tuition option.
Full bursaries are available upon individual request. Bursary funds are provided to support a range of communities and expand the reach of Inner Activist programs to more individuals and groups working for social and environmental justice. Please be aware that full bursaries are limited. Please note that you must first apply online for the course before you email a request for full bursary.
• Completed applications for Building Personal Mastery must be received by 5:00pm PST, Monday March 2nd, 2020.
• Applications for Conscious Use of Power must be received by 5:00pm PST, Monday October 12th, 2020.
The Registrar will advise applicants of the results of their application within 10-15 days after the application is received.